Get up to speed quickly with this three-part learning course designed to the take the mystery out of one of the world’s most popular spreadsheet programs. We have partnered with world-famous brand ‘For Dummies®’ to develop a user-friendly online learning course to introduce students to all the basic skills of using Microsoft Excel 2010.
Now a leading tool for budgeting, accounting and planning in homes and offices all around the world, Excel 2010 is the clearest way of creating everything from financial reports to calendars. But with so many features and options, many first-time users can feel overwhelmed and fail to take advantage of the time-saving benefits of the program. That’s why we have developed the Excel 2010 for Dummies course with no assumption of prior knowledge. Whether a total beginner or a confident novice user, learners will be able to greatly improve their ability to comprehend and design spreadsheets with this professionally crafted, self-paced study course.
Take your time learning the basics of opening, editing and saving workbooks and navigating the options menus. Or, if you’ve been using Microsoft Excel for a while, speed through the early lessons to get to tutorials on laying out your worksheets, adjusting rows and columns and formatting your data. Then progress to advanced lessons on using calculations, formulas, charts and graphs.
It’s not unusual for people to find themselves stressed out by tables of data and lists of numbers. Enrolling in the Microsoft Excel 2010 for Dummies course will give you everything you need to know to manipulate and analyse your data through spreadsheets, making the whole process easy and stress-free. Learn the tricks and shortcuts used by IT professionals to get things done the fast way; you’ll love discovering how much time and energy you can save.
Key Learning Points
Presented in the trusted ‘For Dummies®’ style, this course starts at the very beginning, with no prior knowledge required. Lessons are structured progressively to build a practical working understanding of Microsoft Excel 2010. First time users can begin at the foundational level, and students with some experience of spreadsheet software can fast-track their learning, using our interactive challenge tasks to check their understanding.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Understanding spreadsheets and workbooks, and what they do.
- Opening and saving workbooks.
- Understanding the menu ‘Ribbon’.
- Adding, deleting and moving information.
- Basic cell options; size, alignment and number format.
- Performing basic calculations.
- Formatting borders, fonts and colours.
- Programming basic functions.
- Using dynamic and static cell references.
- Printing full sheets and selections.
- Using free templates for budgets, calendars, planners and forecasts.
- Shortcuts and tricks to get things done quickly and accurately.
All of this and more is covered with expert instruction supported by real world examples and interactive practice tasks. You’ll be given the opportunity to try everything out for yourself with structured challenges to test your knowledge. Be rewarded with a smoother, faster and friendlier planning and reporting experience when you know how to make the most of Excel 2010.
Advantages of this course
- No prior knowledge required – develop a functional understanding of Excel 2010 in only three lessons!
- Learn work-ready skills for administrative jobs and other computer-based employment.
- Save time on record keeping and analysis.
- Improve efficiency using Microsoft Excel 2010 at home or in the office.
- Learn professional skills to operate Microsoft Excel 2010 with maximum ease and speed.
- Self-paced study, with up to 12 months to complete the course.
- Creating an Excel worksheet
- Typing and editing cell content
- Changing the structure of a worksheet
- Understanding workbooks
- Using formulas for calculations
- Using functions to streamline math calculations
- Adjusting rows and columns in a worksheet
- Formatting cells and their contents
- Tips and tricks to make you more productive
- And much more!