If you’re a computer user keen to learn what’s behind the programs and software you use every day, then this coding for beginners course should be of interest. Delivering engaging and informative content for both aspiring IT professionals and hobbyists looking to expand their technical knowledge, this course will prove that anyone can learn to code.
Coding for Beginners will help you understand more about what coding is and does, along with teaching beginner-level concepts that you can put into practice to write your own simple programs. The content is packaged into an easy to follow, 10 module course that you can study online at your own pace.
What Is Coding?
Behind every item of computer software sits a complex web of letters and numbers that tell the program what to do, how to do it, and what actions to perform in response to user instructions. This course is almost like learning on the job as it’s packed with practical exercises to back up the coding theory. Learning focuses on the essential concepts that you’ll need to start writing a simple code of your own. You’ll find out about Python, one of the most popular coding languages, work with variables and data types, and learn about functions that are built in or user defined.
How Will I Benefit From Coding Training?
As a beginner level course, the material will equip you for further and more advanced study, and allow you to investigate new career options in the IT sector. Even if becoming a professional coder or working in another IT role doesn’t feature in your future career plans, building up technical knowledge in a popular computer language will help improve your skill and confidence as an advanced computer user, and could inspire you to take on new, IT-related hobbies.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through this 10 module training course and become proficient in a variety of basic coding skills. Test your knowledge with the included exam and receive coding for beginners certification.
- Learn more about how coding evolved, cryptography, and the advancement of computers through history.
- Gain the knowledge needed to start coding, including an understanding of high and low level programming language, syntax and semantics.
- Learn more about Python’s Interpreter Program.
- Discover the importance of mathematics in coding, and the practical maths skills required.
- Look into different data types and how they are used in coding, including primitive data types.
- Find out how variables are used in computer programming.
- Further work with variables and data type conversion, using operators, and learning about Boolean algebra.
- Become familiar with conditional statements and loops, including the use of keywords, branching and conditionals, and flow control.
- Master built-in functions and how to use them effectively while writing code.
- Study content on user-defined functions in Python.
- Become confident in organising your code in modules and packages.
- Learn about Lamda Calculus and nested functions.
- Find out more about object orientated programming, how it’s used, and the terminology and functions that play a part in this aspect of coding.
- Learn how to re-use code and find out what multiple inheritance is.
- A look at the use of external files and third party coding packages.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Benefit from a mix of coding theory and practical coding exercises.
- Learn more about Python, and why it’s such a popular coding program.
- Use this course as a stepping stone to more advanced coding training.
- Certification may open up career options in a variety of IT-related roles.
- An affordable and comprehensive training course for complete coding beginners.
- Test your knowledge during end of module activities and a final exam.
- Receive a coding for beginners certificate on completion to prove your new coding skills.
- Complete the course and be able to write your own simple Python programs.
- How codes and ciphers were used throughout history to hide sensitive information
- How cryptography played an important role in the evolution of coding
- Who the British pioneers were that had the most influence on the development of modern computers
- What role World War II played in the advancement of technology and computing
- The difference between data, information and knowledge in the context of writing proper code
- How to differentiate between a high-level and low-level programming language
- What syntax and semantics have got to do with coding languages
- How to install and do interactive coding using Python’s built-in interpreter program
- The reasons why mathematics is so important for coders
- What are numbers, and the difference in number systems
- How to convert numbers from binary to decimal and the other way round
- What fundamental components does every computer have under the hood
- What variables are in coding and how they are used to store values in computer programs
- What data types are and how they are used to give instructions to machines
- How to assign primitive data types to real life values, use them in your code and their role as fundamental building blocks
- What the various complex types of data are and what they are useful for
- What operators and operands are and how to use them to conduct computational operations
- The difference between the major type of operators and the proper code syntax you should use when working with them
- What boolean algebra is and how to perform logical operations using truth tables
- How to convert data types using special methods that are part of the way operators work
- What flow control is and the multiple mechanisms by which you can direct the execution of your code
- What branching and conditionals are and how to use IF, ELSE and ELIF statements as testing conditions
- What loops are and how to create a loop using FOR and WHILE statements
- Which keywords you should use inside conditional statements and loops to maintain the flow of code
- What built-in functions are and how to use them in order to save time and write better code
- How to print the results from your code on the computer screen using built-in print function
- What user-defined functions are and how to define and call your own functions in Python
- What arguments and scopes are as well as the difference between local and global scopes
- Why code organisation is important for the quality of your code and how to organise your program
- What nested functions are and how functions can be used to create other functions
- What Lambda calculus is and how to implement Lambda expressions using anonymous functions
- What a module is, how to import modules and reference their specific functions across a program and what the Standard Library Modules are
- What Object Oriented Programming is and why it is such an important coding paradigm
- The four fundamental principles of object orientation and how are they implemented in coding languages
- The difference between what a class, instance and object are, as well as how to define them in your code
- How to use methods to modify an object and its data and how methods allow us to reference objects in object oriented coding
- How to implement inheritance in your programs, and what are its advantages over traditional ways of coding
- What multiple inheritance is as well as its practical implementation in a real-life example
- How to read data from external files such as text files and how to make your program write the data from the program to a text file
- How to utilise third-party packages written by other people and the importance of reusing code