Boost your understanding of this universal syndrome with our easy-to-navigate course that can help you to gain essential insight in next to no time. Asperger Syndrome affects individuals for life, and can affect how they see the world and how they interact with it. Understanding more about the disorder – particularly if you work with, or care for, individuals with the syndrome, can be invaluable.
An Invisible Syndrome
It’s easy to judge people on first impressions, and the issue with many invisible disabilities is that these disorders and syndromes are just that – invisible. As a form of autism, Asperger Syndrome can be difficult to diagnose and even harder to identify with if you don’t have the knowledge or understanding, which is why courses like this one exist.
Online Study, in Manageable Chunks
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained further insight into this spectrum disorder, and will be able to apply it within their professional or personal life. By expanding your expertise, you can provide the support and encouragement required for people with Asperger Syndrome to be independent and reach their full potential.
Key Learning points
Studying this course would be ideal for anyone who has to deal with Asperger Syndrome, whether that’s within an educational or childcare environment, or at home. It pays particular attention to how the syndrome can affect the individual.
- Understand more about the ‘triad of impairments’ which covers the three main areas that can be difficult to deal with as an individual with Asperger Syndrome, including social and emotional issues, language and communication, and the imagination and flexibility of thought.
- Learn more about how Asperger Syndrome is a disorder that can affect people from all nationalities, religions, cultures and social backgrounds.
- Get to grips with some of the ways in which an individual can interact with the world around them, and how individuals with Asperger Syndrome are affected.
- Appreciate the impact of Asperger Syndrome, and other invisible disabilities (and how slow they can be diagnosed), can have on the individual.
Advantages of this course
- Study online at a pace that suits you. There are no time constraints and no deadlines – simply pick up and put down the courseware as and when it suits you.
- Plenty of resources available to give practical information and to help understand more about the syndrome, including book recommendations, website links and downloadable content.
- Videos also provided as part of the syllabus, which explain some of the challenges faced from the point of view of those with the syndrome.
- Additional activities also available, for students to learn beyond the confines of the syllabus.
- Invaluable insight for anyone who works with, or cares for, individuals with Asperger Syndrome.
Sign up to this captivating course today, gain further insight and provide essential support for individuals in your workplace, or at home, who have Asperger Syndrome.
CACHE Endorsed Certificate(s) Included.
This Cache endorsed course is delivered by Laser learning our official partner.
- Glossary of all Asperger’s terms
- What is Asperger’s?
- Teaching young children with autism
- Qualities and strengths
- Communication difficulties
- Sensory differences
- Differences in social understanding
- Coping with the unexpected
- Comprehending abstract concepts
- Wrongly perceived
- Physical Signs
- Who is affected?
- Obsessive traits and special skills
- Asperger’s documentary video 1
- Asperger’s documentary video 2
- Activity task 1
- Activity task 2
- Activity task 3
- Extended learning
- Bringing the early signs of Autism spectrum disorders in to focus video