Enhance your professional development portfolio with a course that is aimed at Academic which will help you to learn everything you need to know to build a successful and productive team at work. Many individuals within a childcare setting aspire to become a team leader or supervisor at some point during their EYFS career, and if you have the motivation and the necessary skill set, you can be the one to organise and motivate your own team. These leadership skills can be invaluable in the workplace and can help to improve the service provided by your setting.
Build Confidence in the Workplace
As a team leader, it is your responsibility to delegate, to welcome diversity and to create an efficient level of drive and motivation in all team members. To ensure optimal productivity, a team requires staff that enjoy being there, and job satisfaction will help them to feel positive every single day. It’s your job to make this happen, and by signing up to this course, you can learn more about some of the skills you need to ensure effective team building.
Support Your On-The-Job Experience
Students don’t have to worry about having to learn everything in a short space of time. Much of a team leader role is learned ‘on the job’ via experience, but the background knowledge and understanding can be completed in your own time with this introductory course that is aimed at Academic which can be studied whenever it is convenient for you to do so.
Key Learning Points
This course that is aimed at Academic which would be suited to individuals who are already settled into a team leader role, as well as students who aspire to become a team leader at some point in the future. Studying this course will help you to identify and develop the skills and drive to build an effective team, therefore creating a positive and productive childcare environment.
- Learn about how teams are put together, including the various team building stages (forming, storming, norming and performing).
- Explore how team building and connected team building activities are essential parts of a successful work environment. Make use of the included reading, including 12 tips for effective team building.
- Understand team roles, with particular emphases on Meredith Belbin’s expert research.
- Gain insight into diversity in the workplace, and the need for an organisation to adapt and welcome new starters.
- Get to grips with the art of delegation, and how to delegate effectively.
- Understand the concept that driving and motivating a team is essential if you want maximum productivity and positivity.
Advantages of this course
- Progress through the syllabus from the comfort of your own home. There’s no need to worry about commuting to teaching facilities, or pursuing a work placement, because the course is delivered online and is available from the moment you purchase the course.
- Study at any time of the day, with online courseware which can be accessed whenever it is convenient to you. It’s easy to learn alongside your current work, study and home commitments.
- If you need help using the courseware at any stage, our technical support team is on hand to help.
- Take a recap quiz to help refresh your memory and ensure all knowledge is retained, ready for the end of unit assessment.
- Use the activity sheets, which include a variety of tasks to be read and completed, to help reinforce your knowledge of what makes a successful team.
- Ample extra reading and independent study guidance, to help students expand their expertise beyond the confines of the course content.
- Simple 10 question multiple choice test to complete the lesson.
- Perfectly position yourself for roles which require strong leadership skills.
- Build a team to be proud of, by gaining the skills you need to succeed!
Build your professional skill set and advance to the next level with this course. Soon, you’ll be a confident and capable leader, building a team of your own!