During this English for beginner’s course, you will interact with a range of characters through engaging activities and develop storylines of real-life situations utilising state of the art speech analysis.
The English Beginner A1 Course is the only complete online English course designed specifically for self-study which uses a tried and tested syllabus that makes learning easy. Its unique, immersive learning experience offers the next best thing to living in an English speaking country.
The Beginner A1 Course is ideal if you know little to no English, with the Elementary A2 Course being a perfect way to improve your English if you have previously done a beginner’s course. The training provides a perfect platform for you to grow your skills and confidence in speaking English in a high quality, animated environment. Developing storylines provide opportunities for you to learn the English, all practiced in a realistic context.
How Does It Work?
Through the lessons, you will go around the town of Velawoods and get involved in a range of day-to-day scenarios. This will help you to develop language skills that will be useful in real life. New language is constantly introduced and practised in each of the 39 real life scenarios such as ‘Shopping in Town’, ‘At the Gym’ and ‘Favourite Things’.
How Do I Study?
All learning takes place online through a downloadable application, meaning this isn’t just a cost effective way to study on your computer, smartphone or tablet, it’s also a time effective solution for people who need to learn English alongside their existing responsibilities. This means the courses can be recommended with confidence to family members, friends, students and employees of all ages who are new to English and keen to learn the basics or improve on what they know.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
By the end of the Beginner A1 Course, learners will be able to use basic phrases and expressions, introduce themselves, ask and answer basic questions about themselves and be able to hold simple conversations as well as:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases to get the things you need.
- Introduce yourself and other people.
- Ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, people you know and things you have.
- Have a conversation if the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help you.
- Learn the basics of names and greetings in English.
- Learn how to talk about countries, things at home and people.
- Gain insight into using the plural form of words in English.
- Learn to use pronouns like his, hers, she and he.
- Understand how to use the indefinite article e.g. a and an.
- Gain an understanding of how to ask and respond to questions.
- Learn how to provide information about yourself and fill in a form.
- Move on to describing things, people and places.
- Talk about prices, words for food and drink and how you would order these in a café.
- Add adverbs like every, sometimes and always to vocabulary.
- Learn to talk about towns, cities and holidays.
- Use the subject of festivals to learn to use large numbers and learn more time phrases.
- Understand asking about and answering questions regarding social plans.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Practical and engaging lessons that are expertly designed for people who know little or no English.
- Great self-study practice if you are doing an ESOL course.
- Hundreds of interactive practice activities enhance the 80+ hours of course content.
- Use state-of-the-art Speech Analysis to practice your pronunciation with confidence as many times as you like and receive detailed feedback as well as compare your pronunciation to native speakers, quickly building speech confidence.
- Virtual teacher that will explain key language rules in each lesson.
- Installation available on any device: computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone.
- 24/7 access for 12 months.
- 24 hour technical support, Monday to Friday.
Start a journey towards fluency in English by signing up to the Beginner A1 English Course today.
- In course instructions are provided in Spanish, Portuguese, English and Arabic.